Well, two things happened to me this week that made me realise that MINDSET is by far the most important thing, you need to be aware of and know about when you want to make big differences in your life. I wanted to share them, and what I intend to do about them.
Firstly I received an email from Corbet Barr, about motivation (check it out, if you need MOTIVATION), which had some great things in it, but what really stood out for me was a 15 minute video presentation by Gary Vaynerchuk. Basically it was along the lines of, if you want it do something for it, you gotta hustle, and there is no reason to be unhappy doing what you are doing in 2008 (yes the video is 4 years old, just insert 2012 in to it). Gary Vaynerchuk has a very successful website, called Wine Library.
Secondly, was a event that happen at my traditional 9-5 job, where I watched a qualified technician, drove a large machine into the back of someone’s car, not once, but 4 times, trying to make something that was too big, fit into a small area. And when I called him on it, I got a mouth full from him, telling me stop telling him how to do his job. Unfortunately this isn’t uncommon, not the mouth full of abuse but watching someone doing the same thing over and over again, thinking that the outcome was going to be different, I think I read that somewhere doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is the definition of STUPID, or INSANE.
So later that night after a few drinks and discussing the situation with a friend, I really started to think about the two things that happened in the week.
- I am miserable doing what I am, doing, (read the first point),
- I keep turning up to the same job with the same people in the same environment, expecting a different result – My happiness to return.
So I guess the question is what has all that got to do with me increasing my passive income stream. Well a couple of things, you had better believe your MINDSET is one of the most important things you will ever have in your journey of doing anything. And it’s the one thing that will make a difference between a successful person and an unsuccessful person, in any field of human endeavour.
- Being CONSISTENT, growing an online passive income just hasn’t happened overnight for me. (Not sure it really happens for anyone overnight), what I heard on that video was a great message, you gotta keep hustling.
- Learning when to change strategy. For a while what I was doing wasn’t working at all, the minute I changed what I was doing and tried something new, I started to see results. Not the river of cash I am hoping for but a trickle, enough of a base for me to start to grow my online passive income stream on.
- Stop doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I need to break the habits I have, as much as I want to take the Technician to task, it’s really me that’s at fault, I expect something different to happen, but I keep doing the same things in the same environment.
- Add to my skills set, over time my ability to improve my skills in what I am doing, my very first attempt at a website was shocking, but over time I improved. I learn something new everyday, and I try new things. New ways to get traffic, new designs and layouts, new niche ideas.
I realise success won’t come without effort, but it won’t come if you can’t look at where you are and what you are doing right now, and deciding if it is the best thing you could be possibly doing right now to get the success in the goals you have. SUCCESS is made up of a serious of steps, you have to make, to get to your end goal.